My activity as a systems administrator started initially at Palma Solutions, continued with easyCut! and the other company that I managed servers and networks for.
However, I officially started working as a systems administrator and received this title at Lunarpages.
My activity as a systems administrator consolidated at HostLabs where I worked exclusively on system administration for VPS and dedicated server customers.
System administration includes a series of different tasks which may vary from customer to customer:
- server setup and deployment;
- server and hardware troubleshooting;
- server software deployment and maintenance;
- server and network security;
- server optimization and management;
- security and integrity audits;
- data migration;
- third-party application deployment and troubleshooting;
- server and application monitoring;
- firewall setup and attack mitigation;
- redundancy and contingency plans;
- backup setups and maintenance;
- disaster and data recovery;
- intrusion detection and prevention;
Throughout my activity at the companies that I worked for I covered pretty much every aspect and the task of system administration and I acquired enough practical experience on this matter.‘